Knowing whether you need a roofing replacement can seem daunting. Here are 5 common signs that it might be time for a roofing replacement.
- Age. Truly, the lifespan of a roof depends on multiple factors such as the type of material and the amount of wear and tear. Regardless, if your roof more than 10 years old, then a professional inspection on an annual basis can help determine if your roof is nearing the point of needing to be replaced.
- Damaged shingles. Examining the state of your shingles can help you assess the need for a roof replacement. Any curling, moss, or changes in shape should prompt you to seek the advice of an experienced roofer.
- Changes in the attic. Looking at the roof from the inside of the house can be helpful. Any brown spots from leaks, mold, or light coming through the roof should alert you to the possible need for a roof replacement.
- Problems with the flashing. The flashing is a sheet metal component of roofs that can most often be seen at joints and around chimneys. It’s primary purpose is water management. It prevents leaking by acting as a barrier and deflecting water by directing it off the roof and toward the ground. Long-term damage or malfunctioning of the flashing could result in a need for a roof replacement.
- Sagging roof. Perhaps this one goes without saying, but if your roof looks like it is sagging in any way, it is best to consult a professional for an evaluation.
If you are concerned that your home needs a roof replacement, start by contacting us at Roof Replacement Solutions and schedule your free residential roof assessment today.