The roof on a home is something that is tempting to take for granted. However, regardless of the age of your roof, it’s important to have it inspected from time to time. This is especially true after severe weather.
Your home’s roof goes through a lot to keep your home and family protected. Give it a bit of attention, and it will continue to do so. Here are a few of the most common situations in which even a newer roof could need roofing repairs:
- Nail pops- On occasion, a nail used to secure a shingle could release. While it doesn’t happen often, it’s important to rectify the problem to keep the shingle securely in place so it isn’t more susceptible to wind.
- Pipe boot replacement- A pipe boot does not have as long of a lifespan as the shingle roof itself does. While some materials last longer than others, your home’s pipe boot could be in need of a roofing repair visit.
- Chimney cap seal- If you have a chimney, it’s important to stay on top of the seal around it to be sure it isn’t leaking.
- Flashing repairs- Generally speaking, the flashing should last as long as the roof shingles and potentially even longer, but that isn’t always the case. In some environments and if the materials weren’t the best, it could begin breaking down sooner.
- Shingle replacement- A loose or missing shingle is one of the more common roofing repair situations.
If you know or suspect that you need roofing repair, or if you want peace of mind that you don’t, reach out to us at Roof Replacement Solutions to schedule a free simple residential assessment of your home’s roof. If our assessment discovers an issue, we’ll go over the solution options. Contact us today to learn more.